A University Sustainability Committee has been assembled and includes representation from Pitt students, faculty, and staff. The first charge for the Committee is the development of a comprehensive sustainability plan for the University.
The Sustainability Plan kicked off in March 2017 and will continue through the summer.
Sustainability Plan Elements
The Pitt Sustainability Plan will be a comprehensive document, incorporating the following:
- The University's Vision for a Sustainable Future
- Progress to date and current efforts to promote a culture of sustainability
- Input from a broad subsection of the University community (via the University-Wide Sustainability Committee)
- A set of discrete ambitions designed to direct and unify efforts
- Vital measurement goals and metrics sufficient to gauge the University's progress, to include assignment of responsible parties and milestone dates
- Strategies and methods for achieving established goals
- A multi-year road map to a more sustainable future
- A methodology and framework for updating the Plan, understanding that the Plan will be a living document
- A strategy for promoting the Plan through University and community engagement